Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drills Before Coffee? Srsly?

One holiday tradition I could do without: the annual reinstallation. The ‘rents don’t only buy big stuff but that mostly what they hang downstairs to “showcase.” They have a lot of parties for the holidays and so everything gets moved around.

There’s a ginormous Brice Marden in the foyer that gets put in storage so we have a place for a tree. They put up a big crow instead. I think it’s creepy but Mom likes the “nature theme.” I get it, but this evil creature looks like she’s going for your eyes! Like Christmas with Tippi Hedren.

Anyway, things get moved around and some holiday art comes out of hiding and that’s all good. Except that it takes all day to do and so the art handlers are already here making as much hella noise as humanly possible. I guess I’m up for good and that means espresso needs to be in me now, but I’m not going down to the kitchen until I comb out this rat’s nest. Hey, some art handlers are cute!

Speaking of cute, here’s Brice Marden’s daughter, Mirabelle. She’s the girl in the brown dress. I don’t know the kid that’s macking on my sugar but she better back off! Seriously, Mirabelle, you’ve got my digits, right?



Coffee . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm either one of them would do in a pinch.